It's this Early

Shhh... Do you hear that? That's the sound of my own soft breathing. The sound of everything you do not hear when the world is wide awake and buzzing to life's rat race. If you listen closely, you can even hear Teacher's snoring. That low hum like a midnight motor that can dull even the sharpest mind. (Mind me, I tend to talk poetically when the mood calls)

I am pretty proud of myself last Sunday for having made a scrumptious dinner for TL and 66 only to find out later that CL and DK were invited over. With just enough ingredients for three, I was worried food was inadequate. The menu was just Herbal Chicken Soup, Stir-fry Broccoli and Ma Gu Gai (Fresh mushrooms cooked with chicken). Dinner was punctual and I had just enough time in between for a quick shower after the greasy ordeal. I came out feeling refreshed and was pleasantly surprised by Teacher's presence (Thank God he came after his dinner).

It's funny now that I am cooking again, I realised I've never cooked for Teacher. But, I am glad I didn't as he is most fastidious when it comes to food. I fear my cooking may not hold his approval. Guess what? He loved it! (Fuck! 10 points earned!)

It was lovely to see CL and DK again. Even lovelier to find out this time, my cooking has improved tremendously. Everything was full of flavour and cooked to the correct firmness. So was the soup that TL had fun boiling for long hours since noon only to be discovered by CL that a weird looking herb swimming in her soup bowl was actually a rubber band! Yuck! Somehow, a blunder from TL like this does not surprise me at all.

I had time to quickly snap my masterpiece. Please excuse the bad quality as lighting was poor and it was shot from my cheap phone.

Stir-fry Broccoli

Mushroom Chicken with Carrots
Dang! These pictures doesn't do my cooking justice at all! The Mushroom Chicken looks like my dog's vomit.

Oh well, I am contented anyway because everyone finished everything on the plate except me. I am not sure if this is natural but, I have a weird case of never having the appetite to eat what I cook. Especially when proper meals are concerned. I've always been puzzled by this and my best excuse is that I've mentally stuffed my tummy during the process of cooking. All I did was sit at one corner and smiled as I watched them savour the dishes.

Do you lose your appetite over your own cooked food too?

4 comments:

  1. the brocolli looks overcooked! hahahhaha.. but surely is healthy! me want that too..

    youre in love with your teacher? i mean are you guys together? haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah! You don't need to sleep wan ka? Gei dim zor oh? Well, surprisingly the broccoli was just al dente coz i cheated wan, pre-boiled it in anchovy broth before I fried it.

    Ya...I am attached to Teacher. He's a teacher but not my teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. u can do better touch-ups right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric, you mean touch-up the food pictures? Pix like these I lazy to touch-up coz not getting paid wan. Touch-up requires a lot of chakra wor. I'd rather save my jutsu for paid touch-ups MUAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete