Sleep Paralysis

Woke up with a heavy weight on my head and shoulders. Vaguely recalled this disturbing dream. Headline reads 'Kes Bodoh yang Paling Dahsyat.' I was together with a female reporter in tudung exploring a strange case that was found in a secondary school somewhere. We were filming a reality show similar to The Blair Witch Project.

The words ‘Strange Case’ kept playing in my head as we head into the school compound. It was a breezy and cloudy afternoon where students were present and classes took place just as any other day. Some were peeping through the window, curious at the presence of the camera man and TV crew. We soon ended up between two 5-storey blocks with the student washroom welcoming us. The air was quiet and unnerving echoed by the soft chatters of students faraway. Nothing out of the ordinary was felt until we caught sight of a shadow within the washroom. Suddenly, a childlike voice was heard singing a tune in Bahasa. I can’t make out what he/she was singing but I awoke on my bed in an unmoving state. I felt pinned down while I struggled hard to open my eyes and only realised this was all just a dream. The uncanny part was; I can still hear the child singing. It felt fucking real, I felt his/her presence. The singing got louder.

Because I’ve had dream-conscious events like these before, my immediate reaction was to recite the Lord’s Prayer. Yeah, how typical but don’t we all instantly recite prayers when are aware of a paranormal presence? I can’t really tell if the child’s presence was a threat or possibly harmless, but I was just uncomfortable by the fact that I was unable to move my body.

What seemed like a minute took an eternity to end as I finally hear the words escape my lips, “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be thy name…” My eyes could finally make out the baby blue walls in my room and the singing from the child was replaced by birds chirping outside my window. I awoke with a numb arm as I turn to my right to see Maya jolted awake by my victory to wake up. “You were supposed to protect me Maya.”


As soon as I finished this entry, I realised that most definitely what I experienced was just Sleep Paralysis. You can read about it here if you are interested.

Does your sleep paralysis involve any child singing?

5 comments:

  1. seriously , why do u say ur a racist , are u kidding or some kinda chinese supremacist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it's not a joke. I think I am kinda racist at a tolerable level. Sometimes I feel it and I would like to be honest about it.

    OH! Definitely not a Chinese supremacist. Some are superbly daft... extremely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm , thats interesting .

    Mind if i know why ? I mean do u feel that its your calling or opinion to be racist or you feel that you just cant stand other races ? Was it because you had a bad experience with anyone other than a chinese . Im sorry but if you are not from Malaysia or Singapore , i would totally understand the sentiments , but in malaysia , hmmm , thats baffling ,really .

    But really , i would really like to know the reasons.
    I am on a total different realm from you when it comes to that , i prefer mingling with others well. But as I said , you might have some reasons you can share .

    ReplyDelete
  4. the last pic was funny . BTW , i agree with ooi, why so racist ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got so racist meh? Anyway I have decided not to further elaborate on this topic. It's pointless so please don't ask me no more.

    ReplyDelete