Skinny Love

Finally! I get the chance to screw up English songs now. This is my favourite piece! Though I much prefer Birdy's rendition because I am naturally drawn to melancholic tunes, but I've always wondered what was on Bon Iver's mind when he wrote this song. Most importantly, what does he mean by skinny love?

Urban Dictionary defines skinny love as when two people love each other but are too shy to admit it yet they still show it.

Bon Iver says;
"It’s about that time in a relationship that I was going through; you’re in a relationship because you need help, but that’s not necessarily why you should be in a relationship. And that’s skinny. It doesn’t have weight. Skinny love doesn’t have a chance because it’s not nourished.”

Interesting and sad.


(Skinny Love by Birdy)

No comments:

Post a Comment